Roast Pumpkin Risotto
- 1/3 cup Olivado Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 NZ garlic cloves, crushed
- 1½ cup Arborio/Carnaroli rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1–1½ litres chicken stock
- 1 butternut – one half baked in the oven and then pureed; the other half peeled, cut into small dice and sautéed in a little oil butter, fresh thyme, salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon Colman’s Mustard Powder, add to pureed butternut
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon Country Goodness Cream Cheese
- Put olive oil into a deep saucepan and sauté onions until soft but not brown, add garlic, stir for another 1 minute.
- Add rice; stir until rice is coated with oil. Add white wine, stir until wine is absorbed then leave to rest for 1 minute.
- Bring back to heat & start adding stock slowly. Risotto should take between 17 and 20 minutes to cook once all of the stock has been added.
- Just before cooking time add pumpkin puree, roasted pumpkin pieces, cream cheese and parmesan and stir to combine and finish off cooking until the rice is cooked al dente. Adjust seasoning and rest for 4 minutes.