Crunchy Minted Lamb Cutlets With Minty Aioli
- 12 Lamb cutlets
- ½ cup Colman’s mint sauce
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped herbs
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Sea salt & cracked pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
Sauce… 2 tablespoons Colman’s mint sauce swirled into ½ cup aioli
Pre-heat the oven to 190degs. Pat the lamb cutlets dry on paper towels and then brush generously with the mint sauce. In a shallow dish combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, herbs, lemon zest and seasoning. Dip each cutlet in the breadcrumbs turning until evenly coated. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the cutlets for 1-2 minutes each side until golden then finish cooking in the oven for 5-8 minutes until cooked to your liking. Serve with a summer salad and a good dollop of minty aioli.
For entertaining cook the lamb as one big rack. This mint sauce and crumb combination also works for chicken thighs or a summer fish dish.