- 2 sheets savoury short pastry, cut into little squares
- 24 x 6cm baking paper squares
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup mixed Antipasto
- Pitted black olives, halved
- Caperberries, halved
- Chargrilled red capsicums, diced
- Marinated sundried tomatoes, diced
- Marinated artichoke hearts, diced
- Marinated feta, crumbled
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp Colman’s Mustard Powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fresh Basil Pesto to taste
Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray 2 x 12 mini muffin tins with oil spray.
Line the mini muffin tins with pastry with a little bit of pastry sticking out of the top.
Line the pastry with baking paper squares. Divide the rice between the 24 pastry cases to add a little bit of weight and blind bake the pastry for 10-12 minutes.
Drain antipasto in a sieve to get rid of any excess moisture. Whisk together the egg, milk and mustard powder. Add the drained antipasto products, except for black olives and caperberries, season and mix.
Once pastry has been blind baked, remove from oven and turn up heat to 200°C. Remove baking paper and rice, carefully spoon antipasto mixture into the pastry cases and bake for a further 25–30 minutes until golden brown.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes then remove from moulds and top with half an olive, half a caperberry and basil pesto.