Feeling Hot, Hot, Crab Cakes
Crab cakes with a kick!
These HOT bites will add a 'lil kick to any brunch or picnic. Go on, bring the heat.
- 400 grams fresh crabmeat, picked over to remove shell
- 1 cup fresh, cubed white bread
- 1 egg
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 tsp. seafood seasoning
- ½ diced red bell pepper, sautéed in olive oil
- 3 tbsp. fresh celery, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Colman’s Mustard Powder
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Colman’s English Mustard
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp. shallots, minced
Combine all ingredients except for crabmeat and bread crumbs. Gently add in crabmeat and bread crumbs, mix gingerly until incorporated. Do not over mix! This recipe is VERY sensitive. Let the mixture chill out for one hour.
When fully chilled, form into 2.5cm x 2.5cm patties (do your best here, no one is perfect) and sauté in olive oil until golden brown.
Garnish, feel proud and serve with Colman’s Own Tartare Sauce.
Makes 8 cakes.